Sunday, November 20, 2011

DIY: CUT OFF SHIRT


Photobucket

I don't know if it's the way I dress or if look particularly needy but I always seem to get heaps of second hand clothes passed on to me. Most of the time these huge bags of clothes get passed straight to charity shops (no I don't want your old school uniform) but today I felt a bit inspired...

NEED:
  • T-shirt (preferably rock 'n roll)
  • fabric scissors
Photobucket
I found that it worked best by turning the shirt inside-out before cutting the sleeves off.
Photobucket
I got the idea to 'modify' this shirt from one of my favourite Sportsgirl tops- I really love the squareish shape of it. If the particular T-shirt is quite large, there isn't even a need to cut around the neck, I just found this one a tad tight for summer.
Photobucket
It literally took about 4 minutes to do this and I will definitely be trying this with some of my other old & forgotten T-shirts. Note: I am not actually a big fan of ACDC...but wearing this I like to think that I look like someone who is.
Photobucket


I had a really nice weekend- the party on Friday was great and I spent the rest of the weekend lazying by the pool drinking slurpees and San Pellegrino (one of my presents was a whole case of it!). Photos of Friday night to come soon.

4 comments:

  1. THUNDER! i'm a fan of acdc. :) love this diy. my goal this weekend is to dig into some sort of diy. maybe t shirts. maybe a bracelet. who knows.

    thanks for your comment. i'm following you on google friend connect! not sure if that's where you're following me (it's been tricky lately) but i didn't see your face there. if you haven't it would be awesome if you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words!
    @ indie.. : I'm following you since this morning, might just take a while to show up because I can see my pic up on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! you just showed up. gfc has been so sketchy lately. it's irritating! i'm following you on bloglovin too :)

    ReplyDelete