Sunday, November 13, 2011

YEAR IN PROJECTS: PART I

I'm free! I finally finished my first year of Visual Communications last Friday, and despite really enjoying it, it's such a relief to know I've got the next 3.5 months to catch up on sleep and relax. Here are some of the things I did this year:

Photobucket
Photobucket
This was our first ever uni assignment and seemed like such a daunting task at the time: identify two typefaces (Bembo & Futura), select their identifying features, arrange parts of the letterforms in a typographically interesting way. Laughable now, but definitely not at the time.


Photobucket
These little illustrations are part of an assignment we had to do on any object's design history - I chose electric mixers (...domestic goddess in the making). This is probably the full extent of my drawing abilities- even teachers remarked that I have a 'naive' drawing style...


Photobucket
Photobucket
At the start of the year we went on a 3 day excursion to Cockatoo Island. For the first project my group decided to map the textures that we could find in our section of the island, and how the cracks combine all the different elements of deterioration.

No comments:

Post a Comment