Monday, August 20, 2012

THE KITCHEN

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
So I've been back for almost a month so it's probably time to post the last bit of my trip (South Africa) aye? It is hard culling through so many photos so I'm going to be a bit self-indulgent and just post a lot, in segments, about my three weeks in Cape Town. First up is this place, The Kitchen, in an area called Woodstock in Cape Town. It was a bit embarrassing to be in a city that I've still (just) lived most of my life in and not know about the different areas. From what I discovered in my time there though was that this is kind of the new, up-and-coming inner suburb of Cape Town, which could perhaps be likened to Redfern in Sydney (x1000 in crime terms).  The Kitchen recently released their own cookbook, 'A Week in The Kitchen' which has the most lovely salad recipes and stories about what a role this cafe played in changing the face of Woodstock. As soon as I saw the book I knew I had to visit it while I was in SA, we went for breakfast and it didn't disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment