Friday, February 15, 2013

Potsdam

IMG_1084 IMG_1115 IMG_1144 IMG_1124 IMG_1133 IMG_1122 IMG_1116 IMG_1132 IMG_1140 IMG_1148

Potsdam. I love this place so much, I almost get emotional writing about it. I spent one of my happiest years here, and it really felt like coming home when I arrived at the station. I can't decide whether I'd rather live in Berlin or 25 minutes away in Potsdam. Berlin has all that nitty-gritty, raw culture. Potsdam is romantic, rich,  aesthetically pleasing.  Luckily (or unluckily?) I don't have to decide...

Since I took these photos a thick blanket of snow has covered Potsdam. I signed up for my first half-marathon in Salzburg in May (eeek) and have been going for morning jogs (in the snow) through beautiful Park Sanssouci, passing no less than three castles. Man I'm privileged. 
It's been ages since I posted anything - apart from being busy, internet has been really hard to come by. I've got so much to share and will do so as soon as I get to more reliable internet in a week or so.


Aside: I bought the High Highs' new album, Open Season, just before I left and it's been my soundtrack to walking in Potsdam's parks, train trips to Berlin and ride shares to Hamburg . It's beautiful and can really  recommend it. It's one of those albums you just have to listen to from start to finish - the tracks flow so seamlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment