Friday, July 26, 2013

Liveable

IMG_2432 IMG_2429 IMG_2428 IMG_2431 IMG_2433 IMG_2430

There are some cities I love, but can't imagine living in. Lisbon, for example. Or any city in Italy really. Copenhagen was different though - it was much less sterile than I imagined. I've got a small obsession with Scandinavian countries - started by my absolute favourite Danish crime series 'The Eagle' (high school addiction), a trip to Norway 4 years ago and my recent Denmark visit. I'm planning a trip to Helsinki in October, a country I already feel I'm going to love from what I've heard from my Finnish friends.
In Copenhagen, definitely visit the Torvehallerne food markets and try the amazing open-faced sandwiches and cinnamon pastries, and go to the Norrebro district for the ethnic food - the best lamb schwarma I've ever eaten (and I've tasted a lot). Walk around the Rosenborg palace gardens, go to Nyhavn for an ice cream and visit the crazy Christiania hippie community in Christianshavn.

No comments:

Post a Comment