Sunday, September 29, 2013

Hoher Freschen

Print




Print

Print


Over the past three weekends I've gone on hikes and they've been so, so good. I've started to appreciate weekends so much more while working/interning, my first time to be working 9-5, 5 days a week. I love the work but I'm still finding it hard to get used to having relatively little free time, so I'm trying to pack as much into my weekends as I can. This hike we did three weeks ago and was pretty physically challenging. We did three mountain peaks that day, the last and tallest being Hoher Freschen at 2004 meters. We literally picked it at random from a map of mountains in the region. In the morning we met (slightly fuzzy due to local Oktoberfest celebrations the night before) and bought some picnic food at the market. It was a very tough hike but in excellent company - three very fit boys - and amazing amazing scenery. In the late afternoon when we could first spot the peak of Hoher Freschen we just laughed - it was already so late in the day and it seemed unachievably high. We did it though and saw our first snow of the season at the top, it was so silent and beautiful. It was pitch black by the time we got back and the kebabs we'd been fantasising about all day went down very nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment